Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fiddly Work

Here is the focal point of a necklace that I started a little while ago.  I decided the best solution for the chain was to make a beaded chain, and you can see the start here.  Those little blue bicones are the exact same color as the blue briolettes.  
But I didn't have enough of the blue bicones to make a necklace, so I had to add another bead.

The added beads are a cloudy Swarovski bicone - I thought the cloudy color was a bit of a visual pun.  So I started making beaded links, and made more, and made more...
and then it was time to go to bed!  
Those little beaded links are very fiddly to make.  I'm using the smallest gauge wire I have.  I didn't get very far, did I?

Well, and I thought I might work on this project:
This is a necklace I made months ago, and I've only worn it twice.  The concept didn't quite work out like I wanted it to, but those big crystal beads would be perfect with the smaller bead pictured in a necklace to match the bracelet I made earlier this week.
So, I'm gonna...what?  Frog this necklace?  Cannibalize it?  How does one talk about dismantling a piece of jewelry in order to make a new piece?  I'm so out of the loop!
Maybe I'll figure out some lingo by the time I finish the other beaded chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment