Monday, August 20, 2012

A Reveal, A WIP. and A Commission

Here is a completed shot of the necklace I had started before.  It was given as a belated birthday present to my darling coworker, whose personal coloring was perfect for the peachy bead.  I was really pleased with how this piece went together.
Especially the closure.  Very easy and comfortable, and she wore the necklace all day without any problem.

I made some progress on the sterling links necklace, too, even though I was lacking sterling wire.

I used these bead tip wires to wrap the cube beads in place, thus reinforcing the circles and squares theme.  
Another shot.

And I am glad to say that I am back in business!

I got my wire order in today!  20 feet of three different gauges - this should keep me busy for a while!

I also have a commission for which I was awaiting wire to complete:

I work at a jewelry store, and one of our customers wanted to know if someone could make a clasp for the bracelet on the right like the clasp on the bracelet on the left.
Luckily, my coworker suggested I might be able to do it, and so I might.  I think it should be no problem, although I will have to cut the braid and make sure it doesn't fray while I'm attaching the new clasp.  I already have that worked out, too.

Unfortunately, I overdid it yesterday and found my hands were aching all day today.  Time to give myself a break - right when I have so many interesting projects to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment