Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Learning Experience

Sometimes you get what you aim for, sometimes what you get is experience.
What you are looking at is the 5th attempt to attach a eye closure to this bracelet I took on as a commission.  I think I am finally pleased with this.  I will add a few drops of superglue just to be certain it doesn't pull off, although I have fashioned a hook that embeds in the middle of the depth of the braid.  
I will attempt the hook portion on the other end of the bracelet tonight. 

I'm not sure I like this.  Now that I have my wire, I have to find some way to connect these links.  A simple jump ring will slide around too much, making all the wired-on beads rotate to the bottom of the rings.  I don't want that, so I have to come up with something else.

Seems like all I made last night was scrap wire.  Sigh.


I was just fooling around late Sunday night, and I fused this wire piece together.  I'm left with the inevitable question:
Now what?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment