In anticipation of the shipment I should be receiving this week, I did some jewelry-making prep, as I described it to my husband.
"Husband," I said, "I need to do some jewelry making prep this weekend some time."
This was to forestall his following me around all weekend, wondering what I was going to do next.
Anyway, it all starts with my scrap.
So this is a small plate of snipped ends and cut off mistakes of sterling wire that I keep. Usually I just sell it back to my supplier, but this time I wanted to try a new technique.
I took several small snips of wire and heated them with my torch. Eventually they make themselves ball up under all that heat, and I have some sterling deelybobs to use in my designs.
I was surprised at all the different colors - but I suspect that has more to do with how long they sat in a solution that is supposed to remove firescale more than anything.
Well, I have lots more scrap and far fewer deelybobs than I thought I would. The problem was that my torch was giving me fits. It may have stopped working correctly, or it may just be that I need to buy a new container of fuel. I will try that first, anyway, because it is the cheaper solution.
Stay tuned for the anticipated arrival of goodies.