Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Trip to the Bookstore

Lacking inspiration, I made a trip to our local bookstore where I found several magazines and books on jewelry making.
When I was learning how to make art quilts, I would use other people's work as a jumping-off spot.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I would always try to change the design up some way so it was really not a straight copy.

Here are some pieces I found inspiring.
These look like some of the earrings I've already made, but the way they attach to the ear wire is different. Hmmm.
I like the look of these large circular links, but I also like the way they have attached three beads randomly into a link here and there.  And look at that S hook for closure! So neat.
These large butterfly links are kind 
of interesting to me...

And I really like these square earrings, especially with the little bead at the top.  The hair doesn't appeal, tho.
And here is another way to make a beaded link that I might have to try.  Again, the big circular link attracts me.

In the meantime, here are the earrings I made to go with yesterday's necklace.  Very dangly and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment